Sunday 1 February 2015

You Can Create It!


Myself and the fabulous Monica Gale will soon be launching the You Can Create It! Monthly Challenge in the UK!

This has been running in Germany and The Netherlands for a little while now. The Challenge originated in Germany and is the brainchild of two very talented Demonstrators there Anja and Heike.

I was thrilled to be asked to be a part of the UK Team by Monica :o)

Each month (for a small fee) we will send you out a little Mystery Kit. Your challenge is to create something with the kit and send us a photo of it so we can post it on our blogs.

I played along with last month's challenge to give you an idea of what is involved :o)

This is the January kit I got to play with .......



We had a quarter sheet of Whisper White and Real Red cardstock, a half sheet of paper from the Stacked With Love paper stack and a length of Real Red Cotton Ribbon. 



What would YOU make with this lot?


This is what I created .......



I added a Basic Black card blank and an additional Whisper White mat for the inside of the card to my kit.

I trimmed a small section off the Real Red mat and the DSP and added this to the inside of the card.

The remainder of the DSP was trimmed and added to the bottom of the Red mat. I cut the Whisper White mat in half and added one half to the top of the card and kept the other back for stamping on.

I tied the Ribbon into a knot and wrapped the ends around the centre anchoring it on the reverse of the Red mat with Fuse adhesive.

The Hello Life stamp set is so pretty .... I love all the squiggly sentiments! I stamped my chosen one with Black Stazon ink across the middle of the White mat. 

The Hearts were stamped in Real Red and Black Stazon and cut out by hand before adding Dimensionals and positioning onto the card.


Of course, I needed just a little dazzle ..... so I added a small Rhinestone to each of the Hearts to finish :o)



What do you think? 
Would you like to take part in this fun Challenge? 


Contact us to register your interest and we will send you all the details a little nearer the time ......... Email Here



Click on the links below to see what our German and Dutch friends created with the January Kit  ..........



Anja
Heike


Inge
Caro





No comments: