Friday 26 May 2017

Timeless Textures - A .... Happy .... Mistake!


Earlier this week I showed you the card I created using the 'Celebrate' Celebrations Duo embossing folder. Today I am showing you the card I created using the second folder in this set .... 'Happy'.

Now .... I will be honest, I almost gave up with this card! Although I never had any problems embossing using the 'Celebrate' folder, I had no end of problems with the 'Happy' one! 

I wanted to emboss White card .... and I tried both our normal Whisper White and our thick version. Neither worked, I just got too much cracking and creasing around the 'H' which I couldn't ignore :o) I tried spraying both with water and rubbing alcohol. I also tried putting it through the Big Shot every which way. This problem can occur because the letters are large and the embossing very deep .... the letters are smaller with the 'Celebrate' folder, so it wasn't an issue.

Anyway, I thought I would give it one more try using a bit of scrap coloured card - which happened to be in my least favourite colour of Peekaboo Peach ....... and Hey Presto! It worked first time! No spritzing with anything, the card was completely dry and it went into the Big Shot seam side first. So ..... if you get the same problem as I did when trying to use this folder on White or Vanilla card ..... switch to our coloured card and use that instead :o)


I was pleased with the result, but I wanted the embossing to stand out more. The folders coordinate with the Happy Celebrations stamp set, but I don't own this - so I decided to try one of the stamps from the Timeless Textures set. I used the same colour ink and stamped over the embossing ...... and loved it! So much so that it went from a 'scrap piece' to my focal layer! :o) 

I didn't want to create another Birthday card, so decided on Father's day instead. I used one of the stamps from the Crazy About You set (will be retiring soon!).

Even for a 'Man' card, I (surprisingly) love this colour combination - Basic Grey, Peekaboo Peach and White ..... honestly, who knew eh? :o)


Supplies

1 comment:

JenniferE said...

Fabulous mistake!! Love,the colors and stamps of this card!